Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Pool Party in December!

This past Saturday night, we had a "pool party" for our friend whose real name I'll use since the photo of his birthday cake has his name on it. (It's Jim btw)

Individually, all his friends acted like we were going to go meet him at one bar. To stall him so all the invited guests could be at the real location - another bar right down the street from the decoy bar.

I used to do cakes and burned out on it about 10 years ago or so. But I pulled out all the stops and decided since he and my husband are major pool players, made a pool table cake. (see photo) I also made a huge Happy Birthday sign for him on MS Publisher and blew it up to about 3' x 4' on the plotter at work. Both turned out great.






Jim was calling all of us, getting pretty ticked off that we all had excuses why we were late getting to the decoy bar. We were all laughing our asses off about it because we knew he'd be all forgiving once he walked in the real location and saw what we had pulled off.


And we were right, of course. The stunned look on his face when he walked in and we all yelled "Surprise!" was priceless! (And no, I didn't get a picture of that, darn it!)


There was good company, pool and darts (I'm a bull's eye girl, although I can't hit anything else on purpose even when I try!) There was also an awesome band, led by a not-so-small woman. She is my hero. She is living my dream - to play lead guitar and sing lead in a good band! I wish I could remember their name, but unfortunately, I didn't pay that close of attention and I apologize to them for that because they deserve to have their name remembered!


Nothing like a pool party in December!













No comments: